Skip to main content
Back to resources
Get familiar with the technology.
- Download Zoom at least 24 hours before your interview and test the microphone, camera quality and internet connection with a friend or family member to ensure you have enough time to fix any issues.
- Remember your username will be displayed on the screen during the meeting so first and last name is best.
Set up your space.
- Set up your computer in a well-lit room,
- ensuring the camera is at eye level or above.
- Make sure you are in a tidy, clutter-free, professional space.
- Remember to turn off your phone and any computer notifications to ensure you don’t get distracted.
- Pick a quiet space and ask those around to not interrupt.
- Look directly at the camera; It can be tempting to look at the interviewers on the screen or even yourself, but this can be distracting for those on the other end.
- Mute your microphone when others are talking, but don't forget to turn it back on when it's your turn.
Treat it like a normal interview.
- Make sure you are on time.
- Dress appropriately.
- Be prepared with answers about your past experiences and background.
- Do your company research.